Posted on 18 April 2016.
Ethiopia’s Lemi Berhanu Hayle easily won the 120th Boston Marathon on Patriot’s Day with a time of 2:12:45. Hayle’s powerful close over the last 5K left last year’s winner Lelisa Desisa nearly a minute back
Desisa finished in second place in 2:13:32. Yemane Adhane Tsegay passed Wesley Korir to claim third place in 2:14:02. Korir finished fourth in 2:14:05.
2016 Boston Marathon Top 10 Male Results
- Lemi Berhanu Hayle (Ethiopia) – 2:12:45
- Lelisa Desisa (Ethiopia) – 2:13:32
- Yemane Adhane Tsegay (Ethiopia) – 2:14:02
- Wesley Korir (Kenya) – 2:14:05
- Paul Lonyangata (Kenya) – 2:15:45
- Sammy Kitwara (Kenya) – 2:16:43
- Stephen Chebogut (Kenya) – 2:16:52
- Abdi Nageeye (Netherlands) – 2:18:05
- Getu Feleke (Ethiopia) – 2:18:46
- Zachary Hine (USA) – 2:21:37
Congrats to Zachary Hine on being the first finisher from the United States. He finished in 2:21:37.
Ethiopia’s Atsede Baysa surprised almost everyone by winning the 120th Boston Marathon. She was the top female to finish after passing Tirfi Tsegaye in the last 10K and just getting stronger and stronger until she reached the finish line. She beat Tsegaye by 44 seconds.
Tsegaye finished in 2:30:03. Third place went to Joyce Chepkirui (KEN) in 2:30:50.
2016 Boston Marathon Top 10 Female Results
- Atsede Baysa (Ethiopia) – 2:29:19
- Tirfi Tsegaye (Ethiopia) – 2:30:03
- Joyce Chepkirui (Kenya) – 2:30:50
- Jelena Prokopcuka (LVA) – 2:32:28
- Valentine Kipketer (Kenya) – 2:33:13
- Flomena Cheyech Daniel (Kenya) – 2:33:40
- Buzunesh Deba (Ethiopia) – 2:33:56
- Fate Tola (Ethiopia) – 2:34:38
- Neely Spence Gracey (USA) – 2:35:00
- Mamitu Daska (Ethiopia) – 2:37:31
Congrats to Neely Spence Gracey on being the first female finisher from the United States. She ran a strong race and finished in 2:35:00 with a big gap over second American, Sarah Crouch.
Posted in Boston Marathon, Marathon
Posted on 20 April 2015.
Ethiopia’s Lelisa Desisa easily won the 2015 Boston Marathon on Monday morning in Boston with a winning time of 2:09:17.
Second place went to Desisa’s fellow countryman Yemane Adhane Tsegay in 2:09:48, with third place going to Kenya’s Wilson Chebet in 2:10:22.
Desisa becomes a rare two-time winner of the prestigious race. He won the race back in 2013 when the Boston Marathon Bombings took place. After the race he gave his winning medal to the city of Boston.
Desisa’s two Boston Marathon wins are sandwiched around American Meb Keflezighi’s win last year in 2014. Meb finished in 8th place with a time of 2:12:42.
The highest finishing American this year was Dathan Ritzenhein in 2:11:20.
2015 Boston Marathon Top 10 Results (Male)
- Lelisa Desisa (ETH) – 2:09:17
- Yemane Adhane Tsegay (ETH) – 2:09:48
- Wilson Chebet (KEN) – 2:10:22
- Bernard Kipyego (KEN) – 2:10:47
- Wesley Korir (KEN) – 2:10:49
- Frankline Chepkwony (KEN) – 2:10:52
- Dathan Ritzenhein (USA) – 2:11:20
- Meb Keflezighi (USA) – 2:12:42
- Tadese Tola (ETH) – 2:13:35
- Vitaliy Shafar (UKR) – 2:13:52
Caroline Rotich was the female winner of the 2015 Boston Marathon
Congrats to all of the Boston Marathon finishers on Monday!
Posted in Boston Marathon, Marathon, Running
Posted on 15 April 2013.
Ethipian Lelisa Desisa won the 117th Boston Marathon minutes ago with a late kick to beat Micah Kogo and Gebre Gebremariam with a finishing time of 2:10:22.
- Lelisa Desisa (ETHIOPIA) – 2:10:22
- Micah Kogo (KENYA) – 2:10:27
- Gebregziabher Gebremariam (ETHIOPIA) – 2:10:28
- Jason Hartmann (USA) – 2:12:12
- Wesley Korir (KENYA) – 2:12:30
- Markos Geneti (ETHIOPIA) – 2:12:44
- Dickson Chumba (KENYA) – 2:14:08
- Jeffrey Hunt (AUSTRALIA) – 2:14:28
- Daniel Tapia (USA) – 2:14:30
- Craig Leon (USA) – 2:14:38
Posted in Marathon, Results, Running