Ethiopia’s Lelisa Desisa easily won the 2015 Boston Marathon on Monday morning in Boston with a winning time of 2:09:17.
Second place went to Desisa’s fellow countryman Yemane Adhane Tsegay in 2:09:48, with third place going to Kenya’s Wilson Chebet in 2:10:22.
Desisa becomes a rare two-time winner of the prestigious race. He won the race back in 2013 when the Boston Marathon Bombings took place. After the race he gave his winning medal to the city of Boston.
Desisa’s two Boston Marathon wins are sandwiched around American Meb Keflezighi’s win last year in 2014. Meb finished in 8th place with a time of 2:12:42.
The highest finishing American this year was Dathan Ritzenhein in 2:11:20.
2015 Boston Marathon Top 10 Results (Male)
- Lelisa Desisa (ETH) – 2:09:17
- Yemane Adhane Tsegay (ETH) – 2:09:48
- Wilson Chebet (KEN) – 2:10:22
- Bernard Kipyego (KEN) – 2:10:47
- Wesley Korir (KEN) – 2:10:49
- Frankline Chepkwony (KEN) – 2:10:52
- Dathan Ritzenhein (USA) – 2:11:20
- Meb Keflezighi (USA) – 2:12:42
- Tadese Tola (ETH) – 2:13:35
- Vitaliy Shafar (UKR) – 2:13:52
Congrats to all of the Boston Marathon finishers on Monday!