Kenya’s Rita Jeptoo won the 118th Boston Marathon for the women moments ago with a course record time of 2:18:57. It was Rita’s third Boston Marathon win and back to back win after winning last year as well.
Second and third place went to Ethiopia’s Buzunesh Deba and Mare Dibaba respectively.
Top 10 Boston Marathon Female Finishers
1. Rita Jeptoo (KEN) 2:18:57
2. Buzunesh Deba (ETH) 2:19:59
3. Mare Dibaba (ETH) 2:20:35
4. Jemima Jelagat Sumgong 2:20:41
5. Meselech Melkamu (ETH) 2:21:28
6. Aleksandra Duliba (BLR) 2:21:29
7. Shalane Flanagan (USA) 2:22:02
8. Sharon Cherop (KEN) 2:23:00
9. Philes Ongori (KEN) 2:23:22
10. Desiree Linden (USA) 2:23:54
Meb Keflezighi Wins the 2014 Boston Marathon (Top 10 Male Results)
Congrats to Rita on the repeat and her third Boston Marathon finish. Props also to American Shalane Flanagan who ran an extremely strong race leading from the start until around mile 20 as well as to fellow American Desiree Linden on her top 10 finish..