American Meb Keflezighi won the 118th Boston Marathon earlier today with a time of 2:08:37.
Meb after the race, “It was my dream to win Boston and to make it just like the Red Sox did and do the same thing for the people.”
He kept looking over his shoulder the last three miles to see how much distance he had on Chebet. He stated afterwards, “Looking back is not a bad thing, it can save you a win.”
He had enough left in his tank to hold off Kenya’s Wilson Chebet who finished 11 seconds behind the San Diego native in 2:08:48. Chebet’s fellow countryman Frankline Chepwony finished just two seconds behind him in 2:08:50.
Top 10 Boston Marathon Male Finishers:
1. Meb Keflezighi (San Diego, Calif.) 2:08:37
2. Wilson Chebet (KEN) 2:08:48
3. Frankline Chepwony (KEN) 2:08:50
4. Vitaliy Shafar (UKR) 2:09:37
5. Markos Geneti (ETH) 2:09:50
6. Joel Kimurer (KEN) 2:11:03
7. Nick Arciniaga (Flagstaff, Ariz.) 2:11:47
8. Jeffrey Eggleston (Boulder, Colo.) 2:11:57
9. Paul Lonyangata (KEN) 2:12:34
10. Adil Annani (MAR) 2:12:43
Super congrats to Meb on such a historic day in Boston. Chebet and Chepwony were great as well reaching the podium. Congrats as well to fellow Americans Nick Arciniaga and Adil Annani on their top 10 finishes.
American Ryan Hall finished in 20th place in 2:17:50.
Photos of Meb’s 2014 Boston Marathon Win