The cover of this week’s Sports Illustrated is powerful with the famed photo of marathoner Bill Iffrig collapsed on the ground, after the bomb had exploded, with Boston Police officers surrounding him.
As we reported last night, Bill was uninjured and actually got up off the asphalt and walked the remaining 20-feet to the finish line (read more about Bill Iffrig HERE). Bill’s a tough 78-year old grizzled runner.
Two things: 1. Bill never would have believed yesterday morning that he’d be on the cover of Sports Illustrated today and 2. There is no way in hell he would have ever believed the reason for him being on the cover.
The photo is powerful, iconic, and will be the lasting image from a horrible day in marathon and U.S. history.
More Posts from the 117th Boston Marathon
- Out of the Ashes, Humanity Will Win the Boston Marathon
- Photo of 8-year old Martin Richard Who Was Killed in Boston Marathon Bombing
- That Man Who Crumbled to the Ground During the Boston Marathon Bombings is Bill Iffrig
- Boston Athletic Association Releases Statement
- World Newspapers Response to Boston Marathon Massacre
- Bombs Explode at Boston Marathon Finish: Race Stopped (Photos)
- Lelisa Desisa Wins the 2013 Boston Marathon (Elite Male Results)
- Rita Jeptoo Wins Boston Marathon (Elite Female Results)
- 117th Boston Marathon Live Video Coverage (Watch)
- Live Blog: 117th Boston Marathon Coverage