Today is National Running Day - a whole day to celebrate the sport we love! Although I think every day should be National Running Day, it’s actually held on the first Wednesday in June.
We asked Run It Fast readers how they planned to spend the day and these are some of the ways our readers responded:
- Running! Of course. Everything from regular runs to tempos, speed work, long runs, and hill repeats.
- Club runs and running store group runs.
- A Hasher’s Run where runners who may or may not be wearing red dressing will be running to and toasting their love of running at local bars.
- One selfless follower is taking care of the kids so her husband can run. <– fantastic way to encourage a runner.
- And best of all, celebrating the day with a first run back from injury.
These are just a few of the awesome ways you could celebrate your love for running. Don’t forget to share that love with family and friends and maybe next year, we’ll have more runners celebrating the day!
You can also check out these 10 tips from the National Running Day website for some additional ideas.
Whatever you do, we hope you have fun and Run It Fast!
[badge via the National Running Day website]